During this cycling holiday in Holland, you can experience a combination of fascinating culture and charming waters, which distinguish the landscape around the IJsselmeer (largest inland lake in the Netherlands). The cycling trip leads you through national parks, picturesque fishing villages and trading towns.
IJsselmeer Round Tour, 6-day-version
A simple cycling tour through Holland…
- Accommodation in the desired category
- Breakfast (mostly Buffet)
- Luggage transport daily between 09.00 a.m. and 05.00 p.m.
- Personal tour information
- Rental bike insurance
- Best prepared travel documents
- GPS-data on request
1. Day: arrival - Harderwijk
Individual arrival to Harderwijk.
2. Day: Harderwijk - Bussum/Naarden (approx. 50 - 55 km)
Enjoy the expansive, flat landscape of the national park Arkemheen-Eemland. You continue along the bank of the Randmeren up to Huizen, the twin village at the Eemmeer with a traditional costume museum and a fishing museum. From here, you cycle into the green Gooi Region to Bussum and Naarden.
3. Day: Bussum/Naarden - Amsterdam (approx. 30 km)
On today‘s tour, you will first travel to Muiden, where you can visit the moated castle „Muidenschloss“, before you continue on to Amsterdam.
4. Day: Amsterdam - Volendam/surroundings (approx. 30 km)
The flat path leads through juicy green moor landscapes with a view of the IJsselmeer. You can take a break in traditional fishing villages. Volendam is considered the home of a particularly delicious smoked eel.
5. Day: Volendam/surroundings - Enkhuizen (approx. 53 - 57 km)
You travel via Edam, the home of the famous cheese, and further on to Hoorn. This city is a small shopping paradise with numerous terrace cafés and restaurants. Your stage destination Enkhuizen attracts thousands of tourists throughout the year.
6. Day: Enkhuizen - Harderwijk (departure) (approx. 60 km)
Luggage transport ends in Harderwijk at 5 pm at the latest. Afterwards individual departure or extension.
- Rental bike (7-gear-unisex-touring bike with back pedal) + 1 luggage- and handlebar bag
- Rental bike (21-gear-unisex-touring bike with free-wheel) + 1 luggage- and handlebar bag
- Rental bike PLUS (30-gear-unisex-touring bike with free-wheel) + 1 luggage- and handlebar bag
- E-bike + 1 luggage and handlebar bag
- Special dates for 4 people onwards on request
- Possible local tax payable on-site
- Parking and arrival information
Airport: Amsterdam (AMS), Rotterdam (RTM)
At Cat. A: Harderwijk railway station, the hotel is approx. 3 km away -> continue by taxi to the hotel
At Cat. B: Harderwijk railway station, the hotel is approx. 1,7 km away -> bus connection from the railway station to the center, from the station it is approx. 400 m to the hotel.
At Cat. A: Free parking space at the arrival hotel, reservation not possible
At Cat. B: Public parking spaces in the Parking garage P 11 Vuldersbrink, approx. 300 m from the arrival hotel, price approx. € 9,00 per day, reservation not possible; payable on-site
Our additional packages
Accomodation in hotels, inns and guesthouses mainly with cat. 3-stars, partly on the village borderCategory A
Accomotation in hotels with cat. 3- and 4-stars, mostly centrally located
Price per person
|Single room||€ 650,--||€ 564,--|
|Double room||€ 525,--||€ 439,--|
|Triple room||€ 525,--||€ 439,--|
|Quadruple room||€ 525,--||€ 439,--|
12.05.2021 - 14.09.2021
|€ 40,--||€ 30,--|
|Rental bike (7-gear-unisex-touring bike with back pedal) + 1 luggage- and handlebar bag||€ 69,--||€ 69,--|
|Rental bike (21-gear-unisex-touring bike with free-wheel) + 1 luggage- and handlebar bag||€ 69,--||€ 69,--|
|Rental bike PLUS (30-gear-unisex-touring bike with free-wheel) + 1 luggage- and handlebar bag||€ 119,--||€ 119,--|
|E-bike + 1 luggage and handlebar bag||€ 155,--||€ 155,--|
|Double room||Single room|
|Harderwijk||€ 84,--||€ 124,--|
|Harderwijk (departure)||€ 84,--||€ 124,--|
|Double room||Single room|
|Harderwijk||€ 78,--||€ 113,--|
|Harderwijk (departure)||€ 78,--||€ 113,--|