The large Slovenian plain is stretched out on the mighty Mur River, surrounded by a soft range of hills. The idyllic landscape is a nourishment for body and soul on this cycling tour: apart from the fine wines and culinary delicacies, the warm water of the thermal springs offer pure relaxation.
Cycling & Wellness Slovenia, 7-day-tour
Bicycle tour in the 4-country-corner...
- Accommodation in the advertised accommodations
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transport daily between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Admission to the thermal spa in all overnight stayovers
- Best prepared travel documents
- Free parking space at your arrival hotel
- GPS-data on request
1. Day: arrival - Ptuj
Individual arrival to the Therme Ptuj.
2. Day: Radenci - Excursion to Maribor - Ptuj (approx. 55 km)
Today you cycle along the well-developed Drau cycle path to the second largest city in Slovenia. Maribor is located on the Drava in the middle of the green forests of the Pohorje Mountains and the picturesque vineyards. After an individual visit, you cycle back to the hotel on the other side of the Drava.
3. Day: Ptuj - Radenci (approx. 50 km)
Today you can expect an eventful bike tour through the vineyards of Slovenske Gorice. Experience all the delights of this region with a glass of wine and the taste of fresh pumpkin seed oil. You can end the day in the thermal baths.
4. Day: Radenci - Excursion to Bad Radkersburg - Radenci (approx. 42 km)
Begin your cycling tour with an excursion to Bad Radkersburg. The old city is enchanting with its renaissance buildings, idyllic alleys, arcade courts and pleasant cafés. Travelling along the Mur River, you cycle through the three country Nature Park Raab-Örség-Goricko. Once back in Radenci you are able to relax in the thermal spa.
5. Day: Radenci - Moravske Toplice (approx. 40 km)
Today the Thermal spring-cycle path brings you into the granary of Slovenia, the green region Prekmurje. Today’s stage destination is Moravske Toplice, one of the most modern thermal spa landscapes in Slovenia. End the day in the Therme 3000.
6. Day: Moravske Toplice - Excursion to Hungary - Moravske Toplice (approx. 53 km)
Feeling refreshed, you begin your cycling tour into the neighbouring Hungary. Numerous pottery workshops along the way allow you to catch a glimpse into the art of pottery. Back in Slovenian territory, you can gather strength and energy at the Bukovnica reservoir. The earth rays on 32 different places have said to have had a beneficial and healing effect.
7. Day: Moravske Toplice - departure
Individual departure or extension.
- Rental bike (24-gear-touring bike with free-wheel) + 1 luggage bag
- Bus transfer Moravske Toplice – Ptuj:
Day of departure + time by arrangement
WITHOUT transport of own bike (payable on-site)
--> Pre-booking necessary
- Transport of one’s OWN bike by bus transfer
- On this tour you will spend every night in a thermal spa hotel.
2 nights in the Therme Ptuj****
2 nights in the Therme Radenci****
2 nights in the Therme 3000***
- E-bike not possible with this tour!
- Local tax payable on-site
- Parking and arrival information
Airport: Maribor (MBX), Ljubljana (LJU), Graz (GRZ)
Railway station: Ptuj, arrival hotel approx. 2.5 km away. The best way to get to the hotel on walking, by tram or by taxi (journey time approx. 6 minutes)
Parking: Free parking space at the arrival hotel
Accommodation in thermal spa hotels with cat. 4-star
Price per person
|Early booking bonus 3 %||3%|
|Single room||€ 665,--|
|Double room||€ 565,--|
|Triple room||€ 565,--|
|Quadruple room||€ 565,--|
|Half board||€ 39,--|
|Rental bike (24-gear-touring bike with free-wheel) + 1 luggage bag||€ 72,--|
Bus transfer Moravske Toplice – Ptuj
Day of departure + time by arrangement
Return transport of one's OWN bike from Lendava - Radenci
by bus transfer (payable on-site)
|Double room||Single room|
|Ptuj||€ 69,--||€ 84,--|
|Moravske Toplice||€ 64,--||€ 79,--|